Welcome to Favicones.com. We answered the more frequently questions about the project. If you want to contact us please use the email form located at the end of this page.
- What is Favicones.com?
- What is a Favicon?
- Where Favicon become from?
- Why a Favicon is important for a Website?
- Where is the Favicon displayed?
- What is the type file of a Favicon?
- What is the size of a Favicon?
- How to Create a Favicon?
- How To Add a Favicon To Your Website?
- How to Find the Favicon of a Website?
- How does Favicones.com classify the favicons?
- What are the categories of Favicones.com?
- Why should I add my favicon to Favicones.com?
- How can I submit a new favicon? Is Free?
- How long does it take for my favicon to be listed?
- If my favicon is reject can I get a refund?
- What kind of favicons are accepted?
- How long will my favicon displayed?
- How many Favicon can I submit?
- How can I request an update of favicon?
- How can I request to remove a favicon?
- How do you maintain the project?
- Who is behind Favicones.com?
- How was the project developed?
- I like Favicones.com How can I help?
1) What is Favicones.com?
Favicones.com is directory and repository of A Collection of Favicons from Websites on Internet.
2) What is a Favicon?
A favicon (short for favorite icon), also known as a shortcut icon, website icon, tab icon or bookmark icon is a file containing one small image associated with a particular website.
A favicon is an icon that can be upload it to a website and web browsers will use it. Browsers that provide favicon support typically display a page’s favicon in the browser’s address bar and next to the page’s name in a list of bookmarks. Browsers that support a tabbed document interface typically show a page’s favicon next to the page’s title on the tab, and site-specific browsers use the favicon as a desktop icon.
3) Where Favicon become from?
History of Favicon
In March 1999, Microsoft released Internet Explorer 5, which supported favicons for the first time.
Originally, the favicon was a file called favicon.ico placed in the root directory (e.g., http://en.wikipedia.org/favicon.ico) of a web site. It was used in Internet Explorer’s favorites and next to the URL in the address bar if the page was bookmarked. A side effect was that the number of visitors who have bookmarked the page could be estimated by the requests of the favicon. This side effect no longer works, as all modern browsers load the favicon file to display in their web address bar, regardless of whether the site is bookmarked. – Wikipedia
4) Why a Favicon is important for a Website?
As a result if a website does use a favicon, it makes it all the more easier and quicker to look through a list of bookmarks and find then one that you’re looking for, because your eye will notice the colorful favicons before it does the text of each bookmark’s name and the blank icons surrounding it.
5) Where is the Favicon displayed?
1.- On the URL in the address bar
2.- In the Page Title in those browsers that have tabbed browsing.
3.- At the Website’s name in a list of bookmarks o favorite links.
6) What is the type file of a Favicon?
.ico is the favicon standard format, however the new versions of browsers can support the follow extension: PNG, JPEG, GIF and SVG.
In 2003, the .ico format was registered by a third party with the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) under the MIME type image.
7) What is the size of a Favicon?
Favicon in 16×16 pixels
Favicones Favicon in 32×32 pixels
Favicones Favicon in 48×48 pixels
Favicones Favicon in 64×64 pixels
8) How to Create a Favicon?
List of the best tools to “generate favicon”. Some are free online favicon generator to make favicon or generate favicon. Read a short description of each free favicon generator option to get free favicons.
Favilon is a vest simple online favicon editor to upload an imagen and download it as .ico or .png file.
This service finds and if necessary generates free favicon for web sites .
Antifavicon is a text favicon ico generator to make favicon with letters or words.
DeGreave Favicon Editor is favicon ico converter to generate a favicon from PNG image (png to ico favicon or png to favicon)
Generates favicon images for browser address, favorites, from pictures, logos and other graphics.
Favicon.cc is a real favicon generator to use as favicon.ico creator
The 1&1 Favicon Generator help webmaster create a favicon by pixels or images.
9) How To Add a Favicon To Your Website?
You can add a favicon using the follow “favicon code” table in any type of website. For this step you will need to know some html to paste the code in the correct location. It is the manual way of how to add a favicon depending of the browser.
10) How to Find the Favicon of a Website?
You can use Google to find a favicon. Also, You just need to copy the follow url and add the url of the favicon´s website at the end of the url, then paste the entire url in any browser:
11) How does Favicones.com classify the favicons?
Favicones classify favicons By Design, By Colors and By Alphabetically.
12) What are the categories of Favicones.com?
- Symbols.- For all favicons based an abstract design.
- Characters.- For all favicons based on letters and numbers design.
- Species.-For all favicons based on human, animal or nature design.
13) Why should I add my favicon to Favicones.com?
√ Branding for Your Website
√ Redirect Traffic to your Website
√ Improve Your Website Authority for Google SERPs.
14) How can I submit a new favicon? Is Free?
Go to +Add A Favicon Page and complete the form. We will add your favicon for free however each submit is review manually by an editor therefore there is a fee of $5 per one favicon reviewed. Also, It help to support the project. Thank you in advance!
15) How long does it take for my favicon to be listed?
It can take between 1 hour to 15 days. If your favicon is approved or reject, you will get an email.
16) If my favicon is reject can I get a refund?
No, because the $5 fee is for the editor who review the favicon request. However, you will have a second chance to fix the issues and an Editor will review your request one more time.
17) What kind of favicons are accepted?
We accept any type of favicon design however we dont include “website url” if the favicon redirect to a website with illegal, drugs or adult content. Favicones.com reserved all the rights to review and approved or reject any favicon submit.
18) How long will my favicon displayed?
Rarely We remove a Favicon from our Collection. It could happen for many reasons as copyright infringed, poor quality, etc. If you dont find your favicon on the list please contact us.
19) How many Favicon can I submit?
As many as you want.
20) How can I request an update of favicon?
You can contact us to any request with the form located below this page.
21) How can I request to remove a favicon?
You can contact us to any request with the form located below this page.
22) How do you maintain the project?
For the Fee we charge for each Favicon Review and Advertising.
23) Who is behind Favicones.com?
Hi, my name is Javier and I am freelance web developer. I created Favicones as a Hobby! Hope you like.
24) How was the project developed?
Favicones.com is made on WordPress with 6 Free Plugins and the free Twenty Sixteen Theme. It has a Custom Template Design, plus other cool features.